Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wait a second, I thought she was...






...going to culinary school?  This seems like the question of the year- wait, century.  I don't know how many times I've been asked the same question.  I'm sure this is the thought running through many peoples minds when they hear about me no longer being in Utah and no longer attending culinary school.  So, real quick, here's my story, ok, so it might not be quick, I'll just simplify it for ya

1. In high school I planned on going to Le Cordon Bleu in California- I was going to be a chef.
2. I went to a scholarship interview that changed my direction- I was to get a degree not a certificate.
3. I decided to go to BYU to enjoy freshman year at college and have fun, and planned on transferring to UVSC after for culinary school.
4. Sophomore year I transferred to UVSC (now UVU) and attended culinary school for little over a quarter (1st quarter was baking, 2nd was cooking) and I realized I had so much fun baking, but then my cooking professor made me realized, I don't want the lifestyle of a chef.  I don't want to be working when everyone else is playing, because chefs work nights, weekends and holidays.  All my professors decided they wanted to teach because their family lives were on the line, and I couldn't handle a job like that.
5. I decided that I would save the money I could and come home, I was tired of being in Utah anyways.  Don't get me wrong, I had fun, it was just my time to go.
6. So I've been spending this past summer trying to play catch-up with my generals in order to get my AA before I go on a mission. I should have it by now, but I only took a grand total of 18 credits all freshman year and played all day and night so... I'm one online course away from obtaining it.  Anyone want to get paid to do college algebra for me? ;)
7. That's my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment