Friday, November 7, 2008

Why the hate?

"Love not H8"

"No on 8 end hate"

Interesting enough, these are signs held by protestors outside of the LDS Temple in Los Angeles. Yes, it's obvious that they are mad the 54% of California decided to define marriage between a man and a woman. But really, do they honestly believe that 54% of California are Mormons?

So, if the LDS church does happen to be the biggest provider towards the "Yes on 8" campaign, and if prop 8 did not pass, I'm pretty sure the "yes on 8" campaign would not parading around every McDonalds in the state or outside of Brad Pitt's home with signs that are hateful and mean towards gays and lesbians. Because, we know that McD's and Mr. Jolie-Pitt are huge contributers to the NO ON 8 campaign. Currently I am boycotting both McDs and Pitt movies because of their obvious stance, but am I parading the streets with hate?

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints life with constant persecution, as a lot of other members of other churches do. The LDS rarely ever takes a political stance on anything. They do not back any candidate in any election. They remain neutral through politics... until it puts the sanctity of family in danger. Which is why, on this rare occasion, the LDS church backed a proposition that defends a moral cause that is so dear and precious to their beliefs in family.

The LDS church, in no way, has displayed any act of hate, violence or harrassment to those in opposition of the church. The church has made a point to be respectful of both sides, and made sure that the members do the same.

So, explain to me, why is it that there is so much hate towards the LDS church for supporting such a proposition? Because the church comes out of their neutral stance once every blue moon and says, "This is important. We need to be in supportive of this proposition," and it actually passes? Because on other propositions, there obviously isn't one group to target for blame, but for this one there is, so they jump on that bandwagon right away. There's obviously only one group to blame for this passing.

I have seen more acts of intolerance and hate from those "fighting against interolerance and hate" than those who are fighting for marriage to be defined as between one man and one woman.

Notice, it's also ONE man, and ONE woman. So does this display discrimination towards those who believe in having more than one wife as well? I don't see anyone trying to support bigamy? There are reasons why there are regulations for marriage, and there multiple groups that marriage can not be applied to, so why is it that the "LDS church is only directed towards hating those that are gay?"

It honestly breaks my heart and makes me so upset at the same time that people can be such hypocrits. Seriously. I can not understand how people are acting this way towards the church, any church be it that. It does not make any logical sense whatsoever. I see that people are mad it did pass. If it didn't, I would be upset but I would live with it. I probably would send my children to a private school, and if my religious rights were violated there I would home school. I have never been good with words at all, this is not an exception to that because I can not describe my anger and frustrations to such a group that would display such acts of hate. If it were the Jews that supported it and "got it passed" this would be defined as an act of hate and discrimination. Why can't they see they are hypocrits of their own stance? IT WAS THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA THAT DECIDED TO DEFINE MARRIAGE BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN, NOT THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS.

I'm finding these people to be more unintelligent as time goes by. If this does get appealed, how are we ever supposed to put forth faith and trust into our democratic government. Seriously people.

3 comments:

  1. You are a genius! Not to mention quite a good writer, I’ll be reading your blog on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! So excited for you to go on your mission and the blogs amnazing. So smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post Kelsy. I ranted about this same topic so check it out and let me know what you think. Tanner

    ReplyDelete