Monday, December 8, 2008

Buttoned Notebook

I was out shopping for some stuff for my work today at Target, when I had remembered an incident the night before when I was looking for my "whatever notebook" I keep with my at all times for any thoughts, ideas, quotes, or to-do lists I have to jot down, went missing.  I went into the notebook section and found a relatively cheap, and very cute notebook that I debated buying over a 2009 year planner- but I didn't know if I needed the planner or not, blah blah blah, I decided to get really cute square brown notebook with varied buttons sewed onto the top of it.  I'm not going to have many cute things while on my mission!

Anyways, I was in line buying this notebook, a fuze water to calm my chocolate craving, and some ribbon I had to buy for work.  The lady in front of me makes a comment of how cute the notebook was, and it was such a great idea.  Then she proceeds to say more than I believe she intended to with just a few words, "I can't believe people make a profit off of that."

She mind as well have said, "I can't believe you're stupid enough to buy that."

I just kindly responded, "For those of us who can't sew, this works just great."

She responded, "Then glue it on."

Do you ever feel like some people could have just responded to things better, even if they have all the information, do you ever feel like if it is something worth while saying, and if it is something that can help someone else, they always manage to send the message in a way that makes you feel like an idiot or is demeaning to you?

Part of me knew this lady was right, I could make a notebook that looked like this myself.  But it wouldn't have that pretty brown ribbon that tied it together, or the bookmark, or the tightly sewed buttons on front that are probably glued on as well.

It's too bad I never inherited the art genes of Kathy Steimle.

2 comments:

  1. Kelsy! Congrats on your call! My fiance went to Paraguay!!...You will absolutely love going thru the temple!!! I'm excited for you. TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha- you moron, I could've made it for you! J/k. Thanks for the laugh though! Oh, wait, I just realized I might qualify for the same category as this woman- was I too demeaning??

    ReplyDelete