Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Creepy Millionaires

Last week my work had a end-of-the-year function. I work at a hospital trying to raise money to expand. At this event we had a mixture of wealthy donors, hospital employees, and friends of the hospital.

I had heard about one man, who has a LOT of money, that was going to be at the event that night. I heard creepy, I mean, CREEP CREEP McCREEPIN stories about this man, hitting on women, who was married. All the nurses in the hospital know who this man is, and all the women in our staff were to look out for each other when this man arrived.

I saw him as he came in, he was recognizable by what he was wearing. He blew kisses at me as I checked him in, HIS WIFE WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Creep.

Later on, he came up to the table again and proceeds to tell me how beautiful and stunning I am. He then asked if I was married. I quickly changed my ring from the middle finger to the ring finger and said, "Oh yes, he is a VERY lucky man." He got a look of disappointment on his face and goes, "Oh, if you weren't married, I'd have to cheat on my wife," and proceeds to blow kisses at me. Gross.

Meanwhile, my co-worker sees him talking to me and sends one of our volunteers over to save me. As this man proceeds to tell me how stunning and beautiful I am, and how he wants to cheat forgetting the fact that HE HIMSELF is married... I tell him, "Oh no, you're wife is lovely. You wouldn't do that," our volunteer walks by, whispers, "Walk away..." and then boldly shakes this mans hand and says, "Hi, I haven't met you yet...." and I get up and walk away.

Creeper.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling this story to me....eeeeeeew. My doctor I've been seeing for years told me to my face that he thinks its okay to 'mentally undress' women. The comment wasn't directed at me...but still makes me wonder! Men are gross.

    ReplyDelete