Monday, January 17, 2011

Bedtime: 9:00PM

Why is going to bed early considered a "bad thing" if you're young?  I spent my freshman year of college out and about until 3, 4 or even pulling all-nighters without sleeping at all and going to work at 6am the next morning.  I had a blast, it was tons of fun.  That was when I was 19.  Now I'm 23, and I get tired around 9:00PM... and I have no problem going to bed at that time.

Last night my roommate waited until about 10:00 to go to bed and asked, "So, it's now 10:00, that doesn't make me too much of a loser to go to bed right now, does it?"  I was like, "Going to bed early is not for losers!"

Maybe it's because I go to bed early, which is why I made that statement.  But seriously, what is up with the younger generation thinking it's "not cool" to go to bed early?  Why?  You'd rather stay up all night long only to wake up super tired the next morning and be groggy all day?  Been there... done that.  It was tons of fun.  Call me a grandma, but I'm over doing that day after day.  I have a job, I go to school, I have responsibilities and goals I want to achieve in life and I need energy all day to help me function!  So, yes, I go to bed early, so I can arise early... familiar scripture to anyone?

Let me give you a hint: D&C 88:124, "...cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that yet may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated."

God usually knows what he's talking about.  I'm going to bed early so I can feel great in the morning, and I don't feel "un-cool" at all, I actually feel really responsible.  Man, I must be getting old!  But I'm totally ok with that.  I don't have to keep myself up at night to go to bed at a certain time just so I don't seem like a fuddy duddy.  Call me a fuddy duddy, I like my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment