Saturday, May 14, 2011

The NYC dream...

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go visit a friend in Virginia and my sister in Texas.  On one of my 8 flights, I landed in NYC.  NYC for some reason, I don't know what draws me to it, but I love it.  And I've never been there.  As I was flying in on that red-eye flight, I was frantically searching for the city, that I might even get a glimpse of it.  Upon flying in I was able to see the time square screen light.  While flying out- it was too sunny for me to recognize anything.  I had been so excited to visit my friend and family- yet it was heartbreaking to fly into my dream city only to not have the opportunity to stay.

While in the airport, I got a dunkin donut (never had one before- but ever since seeing While You Were Sleeping I've always wanted to try some... but they weren't that amazing...) and surprisingly everyone was super friendly there.  I always thought new yorkers were mean- but I guess most of the people I met were from Jamaica or Cuba and they were just all so friendly.  I got a postcard of New York City to put up in my room, and a NYC keychain to remind me of my dream.

Throughout my New York Crisis- I reflected back to the movie, "Auntie Mame", where she says, "Life is a banquet and most people are starving themselves to death- Live! Live! Live!"  And I couldn't help but think that I was starving myself to death- figuratively speaking.

I have dreams, things I want to accomplish, experience, places I want to visit, food I want to taste, sites I want to see.  What am I waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. You are waiting for money. NYC is expensive if you want to go and do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for some reason i bump into your blog, Im a New Yorker and i find interesting your fascination with the city. Hopefully your dream someday will come true, New York is a truly fascinating place and trust me we are not that mean after all haha.

    ReplyDelete