Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gratitude for the move

I posted about 5 or 6 new posts today; they were rants of when I lived in Provo over 3 years ago.  After reading all my rants today, I realized...  I am so grateful that I live in Salt Lake.  It's a whole different world up here and I've been so much happier with the culture than when I was in Provo.  My ward is amazing, filled with amazing women and I feel like I truly get the most out of my sunday meetings.  I feel like everyone genuinely tries to fulfill their callings and be friends with everyone.  I love that feeling and I love how welcoming everyone here was when I moved in.  Granted, it usually takes me a while to get used to a ward, but I've never felt more welcomed in any other ward (other than my home ward that is!!)  Men ask women out on dates, don't make unrealistic expectations, and can remain friends even if they don't go on any more dates and can still hang out. I love that.


Looking back on these experiences, I have nothing but gratitude in my heart that the Lord prompted me to move up to Salt Lake and be among wonderful people who I am continually learning how to be a better person from.

No comments:

Post a Comment