Monday, September 26, 2011

Miracles never cease

I have been up, meaning to study, but procrastinating by looking at all my mission pictures.  I went to tag someone in my pictures, one page lead to another and I saw a picture that made my night.


Ok, so this got me curious, they're all in white... right?  So I kept looking, because I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things or what but...


You see the one in the middle?  That's Mai.  Mai is the eldest of 4 kids in a half Paraguayan/ Vietnamese family in Paraguay that I taught.  This family was found by the hermanas that opened the area before I arrived there, but we kept on visiting the family.  We got a couple of their daughters to come to a Stake Conference with us once, Mai was always friends with us but never around or "cool" enough to go to church.  I knew he wanted to, but it just wasn't cool enough.  And then he made friends. 


See Arnold, the young man on the far right?  Such a good kid.  Didn't serve a mission, but he has been doing a great job of continuing the work in the area.  I'm so happy that he's done such a great job of being a missionary and just inviting people to church activities and making friends.  

Hancel, Isidro, Hnas Welch y Garcia, Arnold
Hancel is a convert that Isidro & Arnold befriended

That's what I love so much about Paraguayans.  They make the church their life, and invite everyone to it regardless.  They have no fears of rejection, no fears of what their friends are going to say.  They love the church, they love their activities, and their excitement for the gospel gets people investigating.  Seeing these pictures and going through all my mission pictures made me miss the people there SO much.  I really did develop a love for them that I can't lose.  I miss them.  And I am so grateful that the work continues.  I love seeing things like this.  It makes me grateful for social networking- no matter how frustrated I get with it, it is such a blessing.

And this is what I found in his baptism album on facebook:


Next miracle, same album:


Check out the girl dancing with the young man in green.  The Segovia family was totally inactive when I was in her area.  They always welcomed us with open arms to visit, but they didn't go to church because their dad didn't want to.  Their daughter wanted to go to church so bad, but wasn't allowed to go alone.  She loves the YW program, and even worked on it when her family wasn't going to church.  And her mom wanted to go, but it would've made their dad mad that they went to church without him, even though he didn't want to go.  He wanted to go when he was ready.  Within my 3 transfers in the area, I saw them at church once.  It was rough, and now I'm seeing her at a baptism interacting with the youth.  What a miracle, she's back at church activities.  


La Familia Segovia

The Lord never ceases to work miracles!  It's amazing and wonderful to see the work continuing on, and that somethings I had a part of weren't left behind.  I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to serve the Lord in Paraguay.  It was long, and very very VERY difficult.  I've never been more blessed in my life to have had the opportunity to meet such wonderful people.  I miss them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment