Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ch ch ch ch ch ch changing....

I have never, ever imagined I would be THIS excited to see snow fall. It's the first true snow fall of the season, where cars and streets are covered in white, and it just looks like a graceful Christmas morning at the beginning of November. I've lived in Utah for over 3 years and this is the first time I have ever been this excited to see snow (other than on my birthday last year when I went skiing in the middle of the week on a day when fresh powdered REINED). Why am I this excited? Is it because that means there will be snow on the mountains for Thanksgiving? Yes, I believe so. Is it because it's beautiful? Why yes... I do believe so!

This just strikes me as funny because this time last year, I was cursing the snow. I cursed the snow ever since I moved to Utah, other than on ski days. What has happened to me?

I used to curse mornings as well. I was NOT a morning person at all (and I have mission companions who could attest to that). Then I finally decided to change myself, considering how I have to talk to people at 5am.  Now, I love mornings. I feel like there's so much more that can get done in a morning and it's just this awesome feeling of morning-time. It's beautiful and crisp. I can carry on a conversation without wanting to shoot the person for trying to talk to me.

I guess I just realized how much someone can change. And it's all for the better. There's no one I'd rather avoid being around than a negative and cranky person all the time.  I used to be that person in the mornings and when it snowed. I'm so much happier loving snow (SKI SEASON!) and mornings. Who would've thought? I have a feeling this is going to be a really good season.
I saw this video earlier this week on twitter from Jimmy Kimmel, just another thing to make you smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment