Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mission Reunion

Paraguay Asuncion North Mission Reunion
September 30, 2011

Last night I had the opportunity to go to my mission reunion.  The last time I went was a year ago, I didn't get to go in April.  I was slightly hesitant on whether or not I wanted to go, and I don't know why.  But I went, and I am so incredibly glad that I did!  We mingled a little bit beforehand, and then we had President and Hermana Wade talk to us as a group.  Everyone introduced themselves, stated where they were and what they were doing.  To which, I responded, "I go to the University of Utah, go Cougars!"

In the main photo are wonderful hermanas that I had the opportunity to work with in Paraguay.  Leavitt (far left) was my MTC companion and was also a in  a trio with me for a week in the mission.  We lived with each other for 2 changes in the mission, 9 weeks in the MTC, a total of 5 months.  I was so blessed to have her as my first companion.  We used to have "Paraguay moments"; when we got so sick and tired of being in the MTC, we'd look on lds.org for anything pertaining to Paraguay to motivate us again and get us excited.  I had the opportunity to attend her sealing with another good mission friend this past August.

Hermana Nelson (2nd to the left) was my companion for a total of 3 days.  I think 3?  I can't remember.  But they were the most relieving 3 days of the last transfer in my mission.  I had a companion that was so sick that she couldn't work anymore and I felt like something was leeching the fire out of me.  Having Hermana Nelson and her excitement for the work got me motivated about working in my area again.  It was only 3 days but she did wonders for me.

Hermana Henderson (far right) was my companion for 2 changes.  We had so many good times together.  We definitely had a ton of highs, and our lows.  But I love this girl to death.  She shares some of our hilarious mission stories here:  
She made me drink a fish.

Hermana Wade
I could not have asked for a more understanding mother of the mission. Hermana Wade helped me during the one of roughest times during my mission. I had a companion that had a different view of the mission than I did, and it really brought me to the first time in my mission when I felt failure. Hermana Wade listened to my horrible cries on the phone when I didn't know what else to do, she gave me the best advice that anyone could have given me at the time. She is an amazing woman, and truly in touch with the spirit. I admire her faith, kindness and friendship dearly.


President Wade
Good old, P.Wade. How I love this man. If I ever had to stick up for him in the Heavens, I'd do it instantly- though I don't ever see that happening. I can say this with no exaggeration that P. Wade changed my life. He saved me from myself, making horrible decisions that I would have regretted forever. There is truth in what Elder Oaks said in the April 2009 conference, there's something to be learned from those who have gone before you. They have experience, and they know what they're talking about. I can not express my gratitude and my love for what he has taught me, and I will never let any of my kids live without knowing that this was an amazing man who, like his wife, is incredibly in-touch with the spirit in order to lift others up. He is a living example of becoming a tool in the Lord's hands.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love love love love love love love you. Forever. And ever. And ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Henderson btw. (I'm on my sisters computer).

    ReplyDelete