Saturday, November 12, 2011

If you're ever feeling down, buy halls cough drops.


Thursday, my boss had my sanitize everything at the desk.

"Everyone is getting sick. I can't afford for anyone else to get sick!"

I sanitized, and then I came back that night for another shift. I sanitized again. I went back to the security office later to get myself a slice of some homemade bread, and before touching it I thought to myself, "I should probably sanitize my hands before eating this." The bathroom was far away, so was the sanitizer. "Whatever." I thought, and ate the delicious bread.

That night, on my way home from work, I began coughing.

I started work yesterday morning and felt incredibly exhausted, my throat began hurting. I went home after work to stay in bed all day and watch netflix while my throat was throbbing. I found some throat relief remedies on the internet (it is actually QUITE delightful- recipe to follow) and went to the store to buy some honey. I slept all night like a rock.

This morning I woke up, having to go to work, and stopped at the grocery store to buy some cough drops since my throat remedy would have been difficult to make at work. I decided to not go cheap and buy Halls lemon/honey throat something-or-others. To my pleasant surprise, each wrapper has a message, or five! Just like dove chocolates. It makes my cough drop experience that much better. Here are some of the things that the cough drop wrappers have told me to raise my spirits:

Tough is your middle name
You got it in you
Impress yourself today
Buckle down and go forth!
Go get it!

Go for it
Get through it
Put a little strut in it
Don't waste a precious minute.
Don't give up on yourself.
Fire up those engines!
The show must go on. Or work.
Take charge and mean it.
Inspire envy.
Push on!
March forward!
It's yours for the taking
Nothing you can't handle
You can do it and you know it
Get back in there champ!
Conquer today.
Hi-five yourself
Bet on yourself
Seize the day
Flex your "can do" muscle
Be unstoppable
Take charge and mean it
Power through
Dust off and get up.
Keep your chin up
Elicit a few "wows" today
Change your "can do" into "can did!"
You got it in you.

What a better way to uplift someone who is sick?!

Home-made throat stuff:
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1tbsp lemon juice
8 oz water

Heat up, and enjoy! I just kind of winged it with the honey and lemon to taste.

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmm how many cough drops did you eat that day??

    ReplyDelete