Thursday, December 15, 2011

24



I grew up on the oldies, and Marvin Gaye is one of those amazing singers that I heard on KBEST95 while my dad drove my sister and I to school, quizzing us on who sang what song and the names of the songs.

When I was thinking about friends that I have, for some reason the title of this song came into my head. How sweet it really truly is, to be loved by friends. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world (it goes right along with being remembered.) And with my past experiences with friends, I really truly mean that from the bottom of my heart (well I should say butt, because it's bigger) (ok that was a pinterest joke but it's true.) There's no feeling like the feeling of being alone, betrayed and friendless. But I'd rather remember the moments when I've had the secure feeling knowing that there's someone there to be a good friend.

Moving from Provo to Salt Lake was a great change for me and I've met amazing people, and made amazing friends. Considering it was finals week, I didn't even bother to think about my birthday coming up. It was the last thing on my mind. I had papers to write, presentations to make, finals to pass... and my birthday was at the end of it all and I just couldn't think about it. I don't like to bother other people either, especially since my birthday always lands during finals week as well as Christmas time and everyone is off seeing the MoTab in concert and whatnot.

Luckily, I have good friends. I received texts asking what we were doing for my birthday, and when I said I didn't know they all began texting each other until I ran into one of my old roommates, Jessie, who said, "So, my phone has been blowing up with everyone asking about your birthday..." And tonight we went out to eat. Jessie brought balloons and a cake (she's so responsible) (and AWESOME) and it was a very, very funny evening. If it weren't for a couple of great friends, I would've stayed home and been completely fine with it. But this was really a treat :)

Everyone was looking at the camera so only Al and I know what really was happening right before the photo... needless to say it was... something that made me turn bright red... and laugh... and cringe.

Jessie is truly a friend that everyone should have, and I don't know how I got so lucky so have her as one of mine.

This might seem like routine for a friends birthday for them, and really not that big of a deal... but it is. Being remembered and knowing that people really do care about me is an amazing feeling and I am so grateful that I have made such good friends. I miss not having them around all the time.

I woke up to these notes littered in the apartment. You would think my roommate would know how to spell my name correctly... It's ok, she's too kind!




FROZEN OREOS!! I knew it when I touched it.



One of my good friends from my youth and I became obsessed with Switchfoot in high school, and they were my first concert I ever went to. I just realized last night that this is my song for today, well, and to kick off my 24th year.... and the song I'll be posting on all my friends facebook pages for when they turn the big 2-4. It came out 8 years ago when I was 16, and 24 seemed so far away...




No comments:

Post a Comment