Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 is a year I'll always love.




I've heard my several people say, "2012 just needs to be over already. This has been a horrible year." To which I think, "Really? This year has been legen... wait for it... dary!" It was in 2011 that I latched onto Auntie Mame's line, "Life is a banquet and most people are starving themselves to death. Live! Live! Live!" And I have tried to live by that mantra since. 2012 is the year I was determined to accomplish many of my goals that have been years in the waiting.
2012 is the year that...


I made it to New York City. Cross that one off the bucketlist.


I saw Newsies on Broadway. Bucketlist? Check. 


I received my Bachelor's Degree. Cross that one off the bucketlist.



I graduated from the rivalry school (University of Utah), while working in the athletics department, and never converted. (Loyal, strong and true, wear the white and blue!)



I traveled Europe. Cross that one off the bucketlist. 
I finally heard someone say, "Gazuntite!" in Germany. By a German. Win.



I made a quilt. Look at this homemaker go!

I moved to Los Angeles.

I KICKED MY GOAL WEIGHT IN 'DA FACE!!! Cross that one off the bucketlist.


I can say I successfully completed and will continue to achieve my 2012 resolutions.
 2012 is the year I accomplished many goals, and I plan to do the same in 2013. This was a great year, and I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me the courage and strength to get through it. Life isn't always easy, but I'd rather look at life with the eyes of an optimistic fool than a pessimistic genius.

1 comment: